Who else loves Christmas? I am one of those people who wants to start playing the Christmas music in October (I usually hold-out til mid-November!) so it suited me perfectly to test this recipe early (and a few times over!). Like candy canes in slice form, these mouthfuls are refreshingly pepperminty, with nuggets of chocolate, smooth coconut and bursts of cherry. Also a no-bake layering option with NO COOKING required! Perfect for a Christmas recipe in the southern hemisphere! Merry Christmas everyone!
Peppermint chocolate slice
For the base:
- 125g Marie biscuits, crushed
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 70g melted butter (?needs more)
For the filling:
- 2 cups coconut
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp peppermint essence
- 70g glace cherries, chopped
- 70g dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Place the Marie biscuits with the cocoa powder in a food processor and whizz until they form a fine crumb.
- Stir through the melted butter and pour base mixture into a greased baking tray. Use a spatula to pack the base tightly and evenly across the baking tray. Refrigerate to set.
- To make the filling, combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour on top of the base layer and spread evenly. Return to the refrigerator to set.
- After 30 mins or more, melt the chocolate and the oil in a mixing bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir with a spatula until melted and smooth. Pour on top of the filling and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set.
2 thoughts on “Peppermint chocolate slice”
That looks delicious!
Thank you! ☺️