Brunch for dinner. That’s what this dish is to me. And brunch is my absolute favourite meal! Grilled asparagus, poached eggs, smoked trout. Refreshing on a balmy night, but still very filling!
Asparagus, smoked trout and wild rice salad
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper
- 200g smoked trout, sliced thinly
- 100g rocket
- Cook the rice (I often use a microwavable pouch to make things even easier) and once cooked, place in the salad bowl.
- Soft boil the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Remove from the saucepan and place cold under running water until cool. Leave aside to cool.
- Place a griddle pan on high, heat 1 tbs of olive oil and cook the asparagus until soft and charred slightly. Add to the salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk the extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice together. Season to taste.
- Flake the smoked trout into the salad bowl and toss in the rocket. Peel the eggs and place on top, and drizzle the dressing over the whole lot.