I am currently posed with the problem of being at home a lot more than I have ever been, yet having less free time to cook extravagant things than I ever have before.
I decided to try out a really simple baked frittata recipe that uses a muffin tray and pantry ingredients. The result was some very cute little tuna and sweetcorn bites that have served so well as a late afternoon snack. Munching on one of these while I prepare dinner has satisfied my gnawing hunger, without filling me up for the main event. Solves the urge to eat peanut butter straight from the jar!
They take 10 mins to put together and about the same in the oven. Definitely something I can manage on a Sunday afternoon to set me up with substantial snacks for the week.
Tuna and sweetcorn frittata muffins
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 95g tuna
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius and grease a muffin tray using spray oil.
- Whisk the eggs and season them with salt and pepper.
- Stir through the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 mins in the oven or until set. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.