Today I am sharing an easy no bake cheesecake recipe. I have made baked cheesecakes before, and although delicious, I rarely turn to them as I consider them too much fuss. Especially when I want to whip something fancy up quickly during my baby’s nap time. I wanted an easy fuss-free no bake option.
I have made several incarnations of this coffee and walnut cheesecake below. The first attempts did not set properly, and oozed deliciously all over the plate. However, the flavours were immediately charming. I shared my trial runs with my family and as testament to the flavours, it quickly disappeared, even though we had all already eaten dessert and a birthday cake that same night. I must say, my family were fully supportive in assisting with taste testing for further trials!
I have tweaked the final recipe I’m sharing today and it now sits proudly on the plate; jiggly, creamy and delectable.
Easy no bake coffee and walnut cheesecake
For the base:
- 100g Marie biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 60g walnuts
For the filling:
- 500g cream cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml heavy cream
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbs gelatin powder
- Cocoa powder, to serve
- Break the biscuits into a food processor and whizz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the walnuts and whizz briefly again to chop them coarsely.
- Pour into a bowl and stir through the melted butter until well combined. Press into the base of a greased springform tin until well packed and smooth. Place into the fridge to chill.
- Whip the cream in a mixer until soft peaks form. Put aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, add ½ cup of boiling water to the instant coffee in a small jug. Add the gelatin and stir until the coffee and gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour the coffee/gelatin mix into the cream cheese mixture and continue to beat until well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the chilled base and use a spatula to evenly spread the filling over the base. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours, or preferably, overnight.
- When ready to serve, dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder. Use a sieve to achieve an even, light coating.
2 thoughts on “Easy no bake coffee and walnut cheesecake”
Oh so tempting!
Hehe I know!