As I have written about previously, I am always on the lookout for a delicious, easy, on-the-go lunch option, for example, my curry pumpkin muffins. Today I present to you another option: haloumi, olive and sun dried tomato loaf.
There is no kneading, no rising, nothing of the waiting nature. Simply combine the ingredients, stir through your flavour bombs, and bake. That’s the hardest part – waiting for the loaf to be ready to eat!
Crispy edge, dense and tasty interior. Keeps well for a few days in an airtight container. No need for any extra toppings, but you totally could cover it in avocado, or bacon, or a poached egg…you know, the usual.
This was a smash hit with my family. I hope it goes down well with you too!
Haloumi, olive and sun dried tomato loaf
- 450g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 280ml water
- 2 eggs
- 200g haloumi, diced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius. Grease a loaf tin with spray oil.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Whisk together the oil, water and eggs.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and bring together to form a dough.
- Stir through the haloumi, olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 mins until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.